OpenSuse 12.2 Release Date 2012
OpenSuse is a open source operating system built on top of the Linux kernel, made and developed by the community-supported OpenSuse Project and sponsored by SUSE. After Novell acquired SUSE Linux in January 2004, Novell decided to release the SUSE Linux Professional product as a 100% open source project. OpenSuse project always releases the update distribution roughly every 8 months.
OpenSuse 12.2 Details
OpenSuse project has released the third milestone for version 12.2 of its Linux distribution. According to the project’s roadmap, a fourth milestone release is now planned for 26 April and will be followed by a beta and two release candidates. While two of the milestones have fallen behind schedule, the final version of OpenSuse is still expected to arrive on 11 July 2012. The current stable release is OpenSuse 12.1 from November 2011.
OpenSuse third milestone offers a choice of the KDE SC 4.8.2 or the GNOME 3.4 desktop environments – previous milestones have only included unstable development releases (e.g. GNOME 3.3.x) of GNOME. The LibreOffice productivity suite has been updated to version 3.5.2 and Plymouth has been merged; the developers note that integration of Plymouth into other packages is also “nearly finished”. Version 2 of the GRUB boot-loader is included, however it causes the LiveCD installer to fail, as a workaround users are advised to select GRUB rather than GRUB2.
Ads : Data recovery service for hard drive and other disk recovery cases to recover data.
More details about the latest milestone can be found in the official release announcement; a list of known issues is provided on the most annoying bugs page. Milestone 3 of OpenSuse 12.2 is available to download for 32- and 64-bit systems.
OpenSuse Distribution RoadMap
The OpenSuse distribution is released every 8 months, the currently planned dates for release thus are :
- openSUSE 12.2: July 2012
- openSUSE 12.3: March 2013
- openSUSE 13.1: November 2013
- openSUSE 13.2: July 2014
openSUSE 12.2 Schedule (preliminary) :
- Thursday, 17 February 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Milestone 1 release
- Thursday, 20 March 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Milestone 2 release
- Thursday, 12 April 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Milestone 3 release
- Thursday, 26 April 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Milestone 4 (Delayed)
- Thursday, 24 May 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Beta
- Thursday, 14 June 2012: openSUSE 12.2 RC 1
- Thursday, 28 June 2012: openSUSE 12.2 RC 2
- Wednesday, 11 July 2012: openSUSE 12.2 Public release
Ads : Compare home owner loans from the most trusted UK lenders to ensure you get the lowest possible secured loan interest rate.
About The AuthorI want my name write in 100 most change people in the world ....
- where is the nikon d800 manufactured
- new game consoles 2014
- keyboard smart pro
- ipod touch 6th generation
- macbook unibody a1342 hard drive spec
- itouch 6th generation release date
- when does new ipod nano 8th generation come out
- samsung polaris ringtone download
- nikon d3200 release date
- download snappzmarket 2 0 4 apk