Update HTC Desire to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
HTC has released the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the HTC want, though thanks to limitations of the ROM because of HTC’s efforts to squeeze it right down to suit the cupboard space the smartphone has, it’s being released via the company’s developer website instead of as an OTA upgrade. Varied HTC apps are removed – though are on the market to download separately – and also the official Facebook app has been stripped out and should be re-installed via the Android Market.
Download Android 2.3 Gingerbread for HTC
You can now download the official Android 2.3 Gingerbread for HTC Desire from HTC Developer central here and then flash it normally through any available recovery. However we have not been able to test this build and will ask you to stay away if you aren’t sure about stability of this build. We believe that developers are hard at work to integrate important components from this official builds in their ROMs. And we are going to wait for one of them rather than going for this one.
Here is what HTC has to say bout this upgrade :
This update is only recommended for expert users who want to experience Android 2.3 and understand the limitations which apply to this update. Due to memory constraints several applications have been removed from this update and we are only offering the ROM upgrade utility (RUU) for you to download. Please note that flashing this ROM will erase your previous customizations, including any messages, emails, contacts, and other personal information. We suggest you take advantage of your Google account and other backup solutions available on the Android Market to ensure you do not lose your personal data. Your SD card will not be erased or modified.
The major changes in this update include:
- All customizations, including operator applications, will be removed.
- All wallpapers, except the default wallpaper, will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website.
- Several HTC applications will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website.
- The official Facebook application will be removed and is downloadable on the Android Market.
After reading through the content in quotes, you can download official Android 2.3 Gingerbread upgrade ROM for HTC Desire from here and the flash it through any available recovery. It is also necessary to understand that you might lose root on your handset after installing this and there is no evidence that available root methods will re-root your device.
Update Android 2.3 Gingerbread for HTC Video
- Android Gingerbread Samsung Captivate
- LG Thrill 4G Gingerbread Update 2012
- Motorola Atrix TM 4G Review
- HP Touchpad Cracked Apps
- Acer Liquid Metal Gingerbread
Incoming search terms:
- newmobiletechnologies com update-htc-desire-to-android-2-3-gingerbread (1),